Vagamon – Kottayam / Idukki
Vagamon is one of the most famous tourist spots – hill station located in kottayam district but in the border of Idukki district and some of the hills are located in idukki district too. vagamon is the most beautiful greenery of kerala and this place is famous for the places thengalpara , muruganmala , kurisumala , several waterfalls , beautiful pine forest , green meadows , beautiful orchids , different kinds of flowers , beautiful tea estates.
vagamon hills are one of the best tourist place for who love cold climate , adventure , trekking and to enjoy the beauty of spectacular nature.
Vagamon located in 63 km away from kottayam town and 66 km away from idukki town, which is a 1100 meter high range tourist spot and has a cool climate on all seasons and it is about 10-26 degree celsius.
vagamon is the best spot for who loves cold climate and beautiful greenery of nature. Three beautiful hills combines to form the hill station such as Thangal hill , murugan hill , kurisumala hill.
Kurisumala hill is famous for christian pilgrim centre at the top of the hill and a lot of christian’s climb to the top of the hill with wooden crosses on the good friday. It is a calm and beautiful experience at the top of the hill.
Thangal para is the next hill and it situated after 5 km from vagamon which is also a religious significant place to muslims. It is another beautiful hill which gives a beautiful scenery from the top of the hill.
next hill is murugan mala which is also a religious place to hindus , There is a rock cut temple for lord murugan.
Idukki is one of the best tourist place for it’s climate and greenery. Kalvari mount , ramakkal , panchalimedu , meesappulimala , idukki dam , cheeyappara waterfalls , anchuruli waterfalls , sita devi lake and many more tourist spots are in idukki and these are famous kerala tourist spots. vagamon is one of them and a little part of the hill station located in idukki.
a big part of vagamon is in kottayam district , Illikkal kallu is the another famous tourist spots in kottayam district.
- Waterfalls : We can see a lot of waterfalls in wagamon , these waterfalls makes vagamon favourite to many visitors.
- Pine forest : Pine forest is another main attraction of this place which gives fresh cold air inside the forest and photographers really love this place.
- Tea estates : Acres of tea estates makes this place so beautiful, we cannot write down its beauty in just words. come here feel it.
- Green meadows : You can see a lot of calm , beautiful green meadows everywhere in vagamon, it can stole hearts of the visitor.
- Flowers : Dufferent kinds of flowers are available here and orchids are the best attraction
Nearby railway stations
- Ettumanur railway station : 51 km
- Kottayam railway station : 56 km
- Cochin international airport : 93.4 km